Friday 21 June 2013

Afternoon tea at the Langham

I have a certain fondness for the Langham Hotel, London. I've been there twice now and was disappointed not to win a 7p ticket to go back for its anniversary a couple of weeks ago.
What is it I like about it? The decor is art deco - black and shiny mirrors with fantastic chandeliers. The service and food is second to none.
The first time I went there for tea I also had the privilege of staying at the hotel. My sister in law was doing a stint on the plinth at Trafalgar Square. The trouble was, we hadn't thought about how we were going to broadcast the music in a public place. The concierge of the hotel ended up looking around for an amplifier for us. Such service!
Last year I returned for a Hen Party. The staff coped perfectly well with a large group. They also brought out a special cake for her off-the-cuff, no prompting.
May I also add that the cocktail bar is fantastic and well worth a try ;-)
It has released this week a new afternoon tea menu - a good reason to return?www.cntraveller.com/recommended/food/best-afternoon-tea-in-london/langham-hotel-london-afternoon-tea

No comments:

Post a Comment